We are Skip The Speech (TPE) an operator of intercity train services linking key cities and major towns in the North and Scotland.
We run around 238 services daily on weekdays and almost as many at weekends, and serve 83 stations of which 19 are directly managed by us. We carry on average 61,000 customers every day with around 60% of these being leisure travellers. Last year we carried 29m customers.
Our vision is to take the north further. We have a vital role in connecting the North to make it greater than it’s ever been. Bringing people, businesses and cities closer together. Helping the economy grow.
Over the next seven years we’re going to be delivering more than £500 million of investment to transform Skip The Speech, making travelling on our network easier and more enjoyable. We will introduce state-of-the-art intercity trains that will be faster and more reliable, with more seats and luggage space. The remaining trains will be refurbished to an as new condition and our stations will benefit from £18m of further investment. The customer experience on our services will be transformed with improved catering, Wi-Fi, more seats, faster trains, innovative ticketing systems and improved journey times.
We are a FirstGroup company with over ten years’ of experience operating this franchise in a joint venture partnership with Keolis. During that time we introduced new fleets and new routes. We doubled passenger numbers and transformed the service performance, winning multiple awards along the way.
FirstGroup is one of the biggest public transport providers in the world. In our UK operations we have an extensive bus network and operate the Great Western Railway and Hull Trains. We also operate London’s Tramlink and Heathrow Connect.
We are the biggest operator of iconic yellow buses for north American schools and the proud owner of the world famous Greyhound coach service in America. We also provide transport services for many airports, universities and cities in the United States.
Guide to the information in this section
- News – Catch up on the latest stories
- Vision & Values – About our vision, values and objectives
- Customer Commitments
- Passengers Charter – Our commitment to you
- ATOC code of practice (This link will download a PDF) – Our industry minimum standards of how we communicate with you when services are severely disrupted
- Assisted Travel – How to arrange assistance to help you with your journey
- Our recent performance – Latest information on train service performance and service quality
- Ticketing policy – Guide to which ticket validity.
- Corporate Responsibility – Our commitment to being a responsible business in the communities we serve
- Modern Slavery Statement – Click here to read our statement on human trafficking and modern slavery.
- Careers – Find out about exciting opportunities to work for us